||Peer Reviewed Articles On Motor Control In Humans
8/21/19 - The Slower Side Marches to a Distant Drummer: A Fresh Look at the Results of a Paper and Pencil Test for Laterality of Motor Control
04/2/19 - Laterality of Motor Control and its Robotic Applications: A Paper and Pencil Method for Lateralizing the Major (Action, Thought) Hemisphere
03/1/19 - Understanding Left-Handedness
- Left leg Apraxia after Anterior Cerebral Artery Territory Infarction
- Right Sided Weakness with Right Subdural Hematoma: Motor Deafferentation of Left Hemisphere Resulted in Paralysis of the Right Side
- Brad Pitt and Laterality of Motor Control
- The Lone Abducting Eye and Laterality of Motor Control:
Congresswoman Giffords’ ‘‘Wrong-Way Eyes’’ Denotes Crossed Right Hemisphere Syndrome in a Right Hander
Annals of Neurology, November 2012
- Pseudoneglect and its Many Faces: Laterality of
Motor Control Underpins Asymmetries in Line
Bisection, Initial Visual Exploration, Optimal
Viewing Position, Point of Subjective Equality and
Visual SpanAugust 2012
- Laterality of Motor Control before the Advent of Experimental Psychology: Revisiting David Kinnebrook's "Errors of Judgement" at Greenwich in 1796 February 2012
- Charleston Neurologist Explores Nuances of Handedness March 16, 2011
- Derakhshan I Laterality of Motor Control Before the Advent of Experimental Psychology Revisiting David Kinnebrook's Error of Judgement at Greenwich in 17962011.
- Derakhshan I From Celestial to Terestrial: A New Light on David Kinnebrook's Systematic Error of Judgement at Greenwich in 1796 2011.
- Derakhshan I. Attentional Asymmetry or Laterality of Motor Control? Commentary on Buckingham et al. Cortex, October 2010.
- Derakhshan I. Right sides weakness with right subdural hematoma: Motor deafferentation of left hemisphere resulted in paralysis of the right side. Journal of Brain Injury. August 2009
- Derakhshan I. It's All Quiet in the Minor Hemisphere: An Enquiry into the Laterality of Consciousness, Attention and Vision in Human Brain. 2009
- Derakhshan I. The Kernohan-Woltman phenomenon and laterality of motor control: Fresh analysis of data in article "Incisura of the crus due to contralateral brain tumor". Journal of the Neurological Sciences. 2009
- Derakhshan I. Lateralities of motor control and the alien hand always coincide: further observations on directionality in callosal traffic underpinning handedness., Neurological Research, 2008, Volume 7.
- Derakhshan I. Bimanual simultaneous movements and hemispheric dominance: Timing of events hard-wired circuitry for action, speech, and imagination., Psychology Research and Behavior Management 2008: 1-9. 2008
- Derakhshan I. Laterality of Seizure Onset and the Simple Reaction Time: Revamping the Poffenberger's Paradigm for Seizure Surgery. , Neurological Research, 2006, Volume 28, October
- Derakshan I. Nonconclusive status epilepticus with an unusual EEG: A fresh look at lateralities of motor control and awareness, Epilepsy and Behavior. August 2006
- Clinical commentary - Crossed–uncrossed difference (CUD) in a
new light: anatomy of the negative CUD in
Poffenberger’s paradigm, Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. March 2006
- Derakhshan I. Anatomy of handedness and the laterality of
seizure onset: surgical implications of new
understandings in motor control
Neurol Res 2005; 27: 773–779
- Laterality of Motor Control Revisited: Directionality of Callosal Traffic and Its Rehabilitative Implications
Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation 2005;12(1):76–82
- How do the eyes move together? New understandings
help explain eye deviations in patients with stroke
CMAJ • JAN. 18, 2005; 172 (2)
- Derakhshan, Binder et al; NEUROSURGERY, Kernohan TMS MEP,2005
- Derakhshan I, Adler DE , Milhorat TH. Kernohan Notch. J Neurosurg 2004 April; 100: 741-2.
- Derakhshan I. Handedness and macular vision: Laterality of motor control underpins both. Neurolo Res. 2004; 26 (3): 311-17
- Derakhshan I, Franz EA, Rowse A. Handedness, neural versus behavioral: is there a measureable callosal difference: J Mot Behav. 2003 Dec; 35(4): 409-14.
- Derakhshan I. Callosum and movement control: case reports. Neurol Res. 2003 Jul; 25(5): 538-42.
- Derakhshan I. (Editorial) In defense of the sinistrals: anatomy of handedness and the safety of prenatal ultrasound. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2003 Mar; 21(3): 209-12.
- Derakhshan I. Laterality of the Command Center in Relation to Handedness and Simple Reaction Time: A Clinical Perspective, Journal of Neurophysiology, 2006
- Nature's shell game revealed: evidence for non-Newtonian laterality of macular vision (Ocular integration in the human visual cortex. Vol. 41(5)), Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, Volume 42, June 2007, Pages 485-486
- Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences. May 2006. Abstracts numbers 062, 081, 192
- Derakhshan I, Hund-Georgiadis M, Von Cramon DY. Impaired hemodynamics and neural activation? An fMRI study of major cerebral artery stenosis. Neurology 2003 online, December 4. Selected as a peer reviewed correspondence (scheduled for print publication in May, 2004).
The Nays Have It:
A Critical Re-appraisal of Newton’s Visual Sense of Space. ieee Proceedings of the 2005 International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Methods; MSV 2005
Scientific/technical note on motor control and other neurological subjects published in peer-reviewed journals since the year 2000
- Crossed Aphasia and Laterality of Motor Control, Neurology Dec. 2006
- The relationship of time and space in the brain. Neurology_2005; 63 (11) 2139-2141.htm
- Callosal Neglect Reexamined
ARCH NEUROL/ Vol 60, Oct 2003
- Letter to the Canadian Medical Association Journal
- Letter to the Editor, Hugo Liepmann revisited, this time with numbers 10.1152/jn.00990.2003.
- Electroencephalogram and Laterality of Movement Control: A Clinical Analysis
Journal of Child Neurology Volume: 18 Issue: 12 - 2003 - December
- The Preservation of Consciousness, Automatism,
and Movement Control
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 15:4, Fall 2003
- Derakhshan I. Crossed aphasia with neglect. Neurol Sci. 2003 Nov; 24(4): 275;author reply 276.
- Derakhshan I. The preservation of consciousness, automatism, and movement control. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2003 Fall; 15(4): 456; author reply 456-7.
- Derakhshan I, Deidrichsen J. Liepmann revisited, this time with numbers. J Neurophysiol. 2004; April issue in press
- Derakhshan I. Callosal neglect reexamined. Arch Neurol. 2003 Oct; 60(10): 1493.
- Derakhshan I. Re. Sinistrality in subtypes of schizophrenia. Eur Psychiatry. 2003 Jun; 18(4): 199.
- Derakhshan I. Unsuspected atypical hemispheric dominance for language as determined by FMRI. Handedness: neural versus behavioral: the difference is measurable. Epilepsia. 2003 May; 44(5): 734; author reply 734-5.
- Derakhshan I. A new callosal syndrome. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2003 Mar; 17(1): 72-3.
- Derakhshan I. Improving hand function in chronic stroke: topography of the lesion and role of the corpus callosum. Arch Neurol. 2003 Apr; 60(4): 640; author reply 640-1.
- Derakhshan I. Is the middle between both halves? Midpoint location and segment size estimation in neglect. Neurology. 2003 Apr 8; 60(7): 1221; author reply 1221.
- Comments on ‘‘Sugawara, K., & Kasai, T.
(2002). Facilitation of motor evokedpotentia ls
andH-reflexe s of flexor carpi radialis muscle
induced by voluntary teeth clinching.
Human Movement Science, 21, 203–212’’
- Unsuspected Atypical Hemispheric Dominance for
Language as Determined by fMRI. Handedness; Neural versus Behavioral,
the difference is measurable. Epilepsia, 2003
- Derakhshan I. Conflict and integration of spatial attention between disconnected hemispheres. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2003 Mar; 74(3): 395; author reply 395.
- Derakhshan I. Why nondominant hand movements cause bilateral cortical activation in emission imaging. Stroke. 2003 Jan; 34(1): 3-4; author reply 3-4.
- Derakhshan I. Handedness: neural versus behavioural. Eur J Neurol. 2002 Nov; 9(6): 701-2; author reply 702.
- Derakhshan I. Crossed nonaphasia in a dextral with left hemispheric lesions: handedness technically defined. Stroke. 2002 Jul; 33(7): 1749-50; author reply 1749-50.
- Derakhshan I. Ipsilateral, but via the callosum: a technical definition of handedness. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2002 May; 83(5): 733; author reply 733-4.
- Cortical Organization, Neurosurgical forum, J Neurosurg June 2005
- Derakhshan I, Yuki N. Ataxic Guillain-Barre syndrome with anti-GQIb antibody: relation to Miller Fisher syndrome. Neurology. 2000 Nov 14; 55(9): 1419-20. Erratum in: Neurology 2001 Jan 23; 56(2): 283.
- Derakhshan I, Yuki N. Guillain-Barre, Fisher, Bickerstaff syndromes: nature versus well-established ideas. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2000 Nov; 69(5): 703-4.
- Derakhshan I. "Can't you use another vaccine"? Post-rabies vaccination encephalitis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2000 Jun; 68(6): 798.